Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sunscreen

Election results are being announced. The IPL is winding its way to a showdown. Obama and Hillary are so close at each other's throats they might as well start necking. The number of Tigers has dwindled again. Another (big) fuel hike looms large.

And what did we pick to write talk about?

Sunscreen.

"Really? Suncreen?"
(In Rachel Greene's tone)

I'd like to write it off as another "ladies product", but the imagery in my mind is not that of a Brazilian girl, but that of a XL-sized cricketer - charging down menacingly, predator-like locks jangling - almost threatening to mangle any random sardar.

And come to think of it, one of the largest buyers of sunscreen and its sister (brother?) products are South Indian men. can you hear them "Yenna Rascal-a, pass me the sunscreen-a"

So does that settle the debate as to whether it's a girlie thing?

I'm not fully convinced.

We'll talk about it later. I'm late for my pedicure.

No comments: