Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Someday, I

Thanks to a good friend, I read book yesterday. Tuesdays with Morrie.
among all the other things, it opened my eyes to how precious every single day of our life is.

And how important the people we surround ourselves with are.

So in the end, i did something that I've been fighting for along time. I picked up my guitar.
and i dug up the last song that i wrote.

A song called "Someday I". A song about how you can keep postponing your dreams or goals until it might be too late to pursue them.

I looked at the date i wrote it, and it hit me hard: July 2006. Yesterday was July 2008.

I had sulked about my music not going anywhere significant for two years thinking it was no more than a few months.

And the irony was i had written the lyrics, but somehow it seems like i didn't read the lyrics enough to believe it.

i never got into music for the fame or money or the girls. I always said id play for 5 or 500 with the same energy. And i did - for 10 years. Despite a good number of people telling me they loved my work - and that i should never stop - i did.

I guess i just lost my way. I also lost a big piece of Myself.

i think what im trying say is, I'm ready to start writing songs again.

My "someday I" was yesterday.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

just the inspiration ( kick in the backside ) i needed. thanks marky!

pratsywildchild said...

Yeah, i know lots of us you need that push.
In fact a relative lost his job and said it was gratifying to get that 'push' to start something up for himself!!!
The 'push' is often like having the carpet pilled from under your feet to find the escape door from your personal prisons was there all this time.

whatmark said...

N-i-c-e!

whatmark said...

Go Jeriel Go!

whatmark said...

and who is this marky? (Doesnt anyone understand the incognito bit?)

Sue said...

What you say in this post is true as true can be!

Would be nice to see the lyrics of "Someday, I".... Think you can post them here ?

ossiebossie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ossiebossie said...

Am i so glad that I got to hear that from ya mister M. Was waiting when this day would come...world watch out...!!!!

Desiree said...

@ the friend that recommended the book.....thank you so much!

@ Morrie....man u've done what i've been trying to do for sum time now....knocking sum sense into this man's head...kudos to you Morrie....your the hero for the day!

Joe said...

sorry for being selfish and not being able to continue that journey with you good friend., those were some of the best days of my life !!